Survey: New Model Minority- The Book

This year I am putting the pieces in place to publish a book based on this blog.

I am envisioning that it will be comprised of blog posts and some new essays.

Here is where you come in. I am writing this and publishing it for you, so I would Love to have your feedback. I have created a short 90 second survey.

Fill it out here.

I want to know:

Do you have a Kindle?

What kinds of posts/essays would you like to see in the book?

I am going to write two or three original essays that will be in the book only and not on the blog. One will be on Beyonce, the other will be on Lauryn Hill and the last one will be on Erykah Badu.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your kind words, and comments and emails over the years. I am finally doing it. You all inspire me.

~Renina

Join 7,934 other subscribers

Comments

1. msdailey says

No, I do not have a Kindle.

I would like to see posts/essays that continue to open our eyes to the injustices towards women and also posts/essays that educate and empower women. (hope that’s not to broad a spectrum) but basically, more of what youve been doing!

Thanks!

2. says

Congratulations! Just finished your survey. I can’t wait til the book comes out, you’re an amazing writer and your blogs are a revelation. And whether or not you offer them with the book…I NEED a #BlackGirlsareFromtheFuture shirt in my life!

3. Renina says

@Brownbelle
    @Dascruggs
    @Msdailey
    @ Ms. Nikita

Thank you for all of your kind words. You have me smiling.
    It has been a long time coming. And I was shown on Monday that I need to quit playing and embrace. #ummhmm

~Renina

4. arieswym says

Good luck!!

I can’t wait to read it. I enjoy your posts so much, they’re always challenging & thought/soul-provoking

5. MsMariya says

Really, really excited for this project. Your writing has been one of the unexpected joys of the year for me. If it helps with your industry contacts, I pledge to buy 12 copies and distribute them to people and demand that they read it so we can talk about it. –Mariya (from twitter)

6. Renina says

Mariya,

Thank you sooo much. You have no idea how much this inspires me. I really appreciate it.

~Renina

7. says

*Biden fist pump*

I Kindle. And I Mobi. And I iBook and Google Book. Whatever gets me to the words.

Let me know what I can do to support.