I have a bit more time on my hands, so I wanted to reach out and ask
you all what you want me to write about.
Here are some of the ideas that I have:
1. Quick Post on Joan Morgan and David Ikard’s interview in the academic journal, Beats, Words and Life. They talk about rap music, the erotic and sex.
2. The history of Hip Hop Blogs post. I interviewed 10 HH bloggers in 2008, and I waited to do the post until I was writing under my own name. #Ummhmm. Its dated but still relevant, in that we get a since of how much the game has evolved from 2005-2008 then 2008-2010.
3. A post on Dating a Giver. I have stumbled across someone who is a giver and a sharer. Part of me was shook by it, part of me enjoyed it. I want to write about that tension.
4. Post on how a Hip Hop Blog showed me that most top 40 Rap music, hates Black women.? in 2009 really don’t give a fuck about Black women, and in many ways Black men as well. How I had been holding on, but I needed to accept that one to the face.
5. Post on Ice Cubs Death Certificate and Chris Hedges Empire of Illiteracy. The two, in my mind, complement each other.
6. The Crack Project proposal. I wrote a proposal for class on examining the social impact of crack on East Oakland using oral histories and homicide and labor statistics. I wanted to post a version of it here.
Any other ideas?
Let me know.
Ya’ll still down for the book club?
I know I was talking about it way back in 2008.
Oh, and I hope to have an update for 100 Visionaries in a month.? Soon come.